Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Week 3, Thing #5 Continued

So, since I made a comment concerning my frustration over looking for info about posting Flickr photos to our blogs yesterday, I thought I should also be proactive in providing that information directly to others. Here is the URL for that specific Flickr page:

"Help / FAQ / Blogging
How do I post photos to my blog?"
http://www.flickr.com/help/blogging
Of course, I found the page through my own trial and error, ultimately ending up in the FAQ's area where this informaton is found.

This morning, in rereading the 23 Things pages on the School Library Learning 2.0 web site, I found a direct link to the above page in "Discovery Exercise a." in which a link, Flickr's blogging tool, is noted. Here is the link to the School Library Learning page that addresses "Thing #5 (Week 3)":
http://schoollibrarylearning2.blogspot.com/2007/02/5-week-3-explore-flickr-and-learn-about.html

Tuesday Morning, June 19:

I've explored libraries and librarians through Flickr. I've just finished playing with Picasa. There is so much to see, so much to discover that time gets away far too quickly. I never cease to be amazed by the amount and variety of new web tools, information, innovations and users (of all ages) who connect on the internet as a matter of course. Just think back to our earlier educational and social experiences in contrast to today's "norms." We are truly living a cultural and societal phenomenon!

I need to investigate both Flickr and Picasa in more depth in order to come to some conclusions about how their formats and usabiltity features compare to one another. Picasa, Google-based, and Flickr, being Yahoo-based, what makes one a preferred tool over the other?

I need to move on to mash-ups, 3rd party sites, etc. Week 4, Thing #6 loom just ahead.





2 comments:

beep said...

Sounds as though your efforts in finding Flicker was well worth it.
However, I didn't understand what you were talking about in regard to Picasa and the other things you had explored or plan to explore.

Sheryl said...

Hi Ar,
thanks for commenting. Picasa is another site that focuses on photographs and images. People can upload and make photo collections. Users can also use photos from others to enhance their own web pages.
It's so vast --- I've only touched the surface.